Job Interview
How do you feel before the job interview? Stressed and frustrated or focused and confident? Keep calm if you are one of those who are in the first category, I am with you :) A programmer goes through a lot of interviews - behavioral interviews and further technical interviews. Although after each interview you are one step closer to your aim, stress doesn't go out. Every interview requires special preparations. So, now I will share some tips that I use to get prepared for the interview.
- Prepare your questions. Before the interview starts, you can ask some questions regarding company policy and working conditions. By asking questions, you show your interest in the company. However, be serious - don't ask silly questions that can be answered by simple googling.
- Research about the company. Your purpose is to find qualities the company values the most. Using this technique, you will be able to show that you suit the most for this position.
- Regardless of your level in programming, go through frequently asked questions. Some terms may seem obvious before you try to explain them. So, be ready!
This is not the full list - I included only those points that I found most crucial. However, remember one thing, not any tip can guarantee you 100% of success. A job interview is the best way to present yourself as a good colleague and competent worker.
Soon, I will have my next job interview, so wish me luck 🍀💫
What tips can you suggest to me for a successful interview?
I always get caught on the “why did you choose our company” type of questions😂 because I want to get paid!
ОтветитьУдалитьSo true 😂😂
УдалитьThis is true about the third point (Especially in programming). Sometimes you think you know the topic, but when asked to explain, you find yourself in a stupor)
ОтветитьУдалитьBest way to undertand the topic is to try to explain it to someone
УдалитьTrue
УдалитьAll I have before the interview is my bipolar feeling of stress and confidence at the same time. Most of the points here are quite practical, thanks.
ОтветитьУдалитьThank you!
УдалитьI think that behavioral interviews are the most tricky ones. My mindset was sometimes mismatched with the company culture, therefore I have to research about company thoroughly and outline their values and expectations
ОтветитьУдалитьThat's an important stage. It is better to understand in the beginning whether the company suits you
УдалитьI am so happy that you found my post useful!
ОтветитьУдалить